The XLDB Research Team is involved in several Projects and Activities that address extreme Information and Knowledge Management problems resulting in Publications in high impact factor journals and very competitive conferences.
XLDB has focused its research goals into more specialized areas, namely in Biomedical Informatics where research is being conducted in biological, medical, clinical and epidemiological data management.
Research Areas : (ACM CCS 2012)
- Information systems~World Wide Web;
- Information systems~Information systems applications;
- Information systems~Information retrieval;
- Computing methodologies~Machine learning;
- Computing methodologies~Modeling and simulation;
- Applied computing~Life and medical sciences;
Founder: Mário J. Silva
- 2013-10-18 The XLDB team obtained top results in the NIEHS-NCATS-UNC DREAM8 Toxicogenetics Challenge (Local Copy of the challenge leaderboard)
- 2013-10-04 The AML system developed by XLDB obtained top results in the Ontology Alignment Evaluation Initiative (OAEI 2013)
- 2013-06-13 O Mundo em Pessoa - LaSIGE collaboration with Sapo Labs
See also: Previous Announcements